NOTHING MAKES A WOMEN MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN A SAREE DOES.
The most precious possession for any Indian woman has to be her Saree collection. Without a doubt!. Taking care of them must be a headache. We know how special every Saree in your wardrobe is and holds a lot of memories with you every time you wear it or even see it. Show them some care and they will surely reflect their love for you when you wear them.
Every Saree has special characteristic and there are different ways to take care of them.
So here are some tips to keep your expensive sarees bright and beautiful for years to come.
The most common of all Sarees. Cotton Sarees are the most comfortable Saree worn and works best during summer. They are light & are easy to adorn.
• Soak Them for 15 minutes in warm water with rock salt (first wash)
• Wash dark colors separately to avoid color bleeding.
• Do not keep it soaked in soap water for long.
• Once washed, do not twist/rinse these sarees too much (it’s a natural fabric not rubber band).
• Hang it on a tap or over basin, let the water drip away
• Lastly, starch your cotton sarees after wash so that it remains crisp!
• Dry it under shade & not under direct sunlight.
We all are well aware of how delicate expensive these sarees are. Sarees have to be either hand washed or dry-cleaned. There are few things that you have to consider to protect the softness and color of the Saree.
• Only dry clean (we insist).
• Do not hang them on metal.
• Opening & refolding them (every 3 months).
• Keep them separate from other materials/sarees (Yes, they are VIP’s of Sarees).
• Avoid spraying water while Ironing (ask your IronMan to follow the same)
A very expensive heavy work on the Saree makes you look astonishingly stunning. Zari sarees are a perfect example of beauty. You wear them only for specific occasions. So a Zari Saree demands to be taken care of in a special caring way.
• Wrap them in cotton to prevent them from reacting with air.
• Clean the Zari work with a clean slightly damp cloth (very gently).
• Get a net over the zari work so that the work remains intact (we’ve had instances of those precious metals coming off over time, this trick will prevent that).
One of the most common Sarees. Georgette is your everyday friend. But still there are certain rules that governs a georgetter if you plan to use your favourite again & again.
• Since They are prone to tearing, avoid rinsing them harshly.
• Let the water drip slowly instead.
• Do not use metal clips or clips with sharp teeths on them (use multiple baby clips).
• Do not hang them in your wardrobe for long.
Take care of your Sarees and stay Be-You-Tiful 🙂